USGS MAPS (included on DVD)
- Scans of the official USGS topo maps to produce the highest quality maps available.
- Three scales for the continental US: 1:24/25,000 (7.5 minute series), 1:100,000 scale and 1:250,000 scale. Alaska is 1:63,360 and 1:250,000 scale
- Maps can be copied and stored on the hard-drive
- Updates available via Internet (current subscription required)
- Alternate Editions (such as shaded relief) available via Internet (current subscription required)
- Topographic maps can be printed and published, royalty-free, without the need of watermarks (Subject to terms outlined in the license agreement).
AERIAL PHOTOS (downloaded via the Internet)
- MyTopo's Internet servers store aerial photo coverage for the entire lower 48 United States. 1-meter (1:12,000 scale) photos are available everywhere, with high-resolution (up to 1:3600 scale) urban imagery in many metropolitan areas. All areas feature color photography taken within the last two years. Display Coverage Map
- Alternate editions are available for every 1-meter (1:12,000 scale) photo. These alternate editions vary from location to location, but include historical photos, black-and-white photos, and color infra-red.
- Upon Internet registration, you will activate your 1-year maintenance subscription, allowing access to photos within a state region. Any photos you download are yours to keep even after the subscription ends. If you need more photos in the future, additional subscriptions are $124 per year per state (or region for New England and Mid Atlantic.)
- Unlike online map services, TNP's aerial photos can be downloaded directly to the hard drive – making them available for use when the Internet is not.
- Aerial photos can be printed and published, royalty-free, without the need of watermarks. (Subject to terms outlined in the license agreement.)
- Don't want to download all those photos? Contact us for our "All-in-One" USB drive solution!
- Find maps quickly - use the graphical index map or search by address, map name, coordinates, zip code, or over fifty types of place names such as rivers and summits.
- Move the cursor over maps or photos, and it displays street addresses. Click on streets or structures to add custom address labels. You can also search for maps and locations by typing an address.
- Find exact coordinates (Lat/Long, State Plane feet/meters, UTM, MGRS, PLSS/TSR, USNG), elevations and grade instantly.
- Street Overlay included! See current streets mapped on top of topographic maps and aerial photos. Quickly identify roads added since the map was last revised (or photo was taken.) Or, hide the street layer with a click of the mouse to view the unaltered map or photo.
- View high-quality digital USGS maps and aerial photos in 2-D or stunning 3-D. 3-D effects include exaggerated relief, fog, wire frame, and moonlight.
- Use the seamless mode to stitch multiple maps into a single, continuous map. Or, view maps with collars (borders) for inspection of the original USGS map.
- Quickly and easily switch between Latitude/Longitude, UTM, MGRS/USNG, PLSS/TSR or State Plane coordinates and/or NAD27, NAD83, and WGS84 datums. Includes unique "alternate coordinate display" allowing side-by-side comparison of different coordinate formats/datums simultaneously.
- Integrated with current National Geodetic Survey control data sheets. Quickly find control points for a project, sort by control level, print reports, and export the raw data sheets. No need to navigate the cumbersome NGS web site for these valuable benchmarks.
- Measure distance and area quickly, even across multiple maps and photos.
- Display on-screen custom grid in any coordinate format – or create your own unique coordinate or magnetic-north based grid.
- Use Web Links to open web pages based on your current position. Get the weather, look for photos, or get driving directions with a click of the mouse.
- Integrates with Google Earth for display of web-based imagery alongside TNP's photos and maps.
- Built-in USGS map symbol reference guide.
CUSTOMIZATION AND ANNOTATION
- Customize your maps and aerial photos with labels, marks, symbols, lines, routes, tracks, area fills, and notes.
- Use any system font as symbology for waypoints and markers.
- Range Rings – Show concentric circles based on distance, time traveled, or speed (of live GPS data.) This feature alone makes TNP the choice of Search and Rescue professionals and has saved countless lives! Yet, it remains flexible enough for other applications, such as crop circle irrigation, tower frequency propagation, etc.
- GeoPins - Drag and drop file shortcuts from your desktop onto maps and photos. Instantly link you maps to word documents, spreadsheets, databases, photography, etc.
- GeoTips - Mouse-over maps or photos to determine street name, address, coordinates, elevation, grade, length or area.
- Powerful auto-text feature lets you instantly annotate a map or photo with labels containing street name, address, coordinates, elevation, grade, length or area.
- Range/Bearing Lines – perfect for sight computations; includes intersection calculations. Integrated with GPS for live speed and distance display.
- Integrated with imbedded EXIF data in JPG images. Simply drag and drop your photos into TNP, and they automatically appear geo-located on the map! Does your camera not automatically geo-tag photos? No need to be left out of the fun… record a track with your GPS while you are out taking photos, then drag your photos onto the track in TNP – TNP will automatically correlate the time the photo was taken to its position along the track!
- Quickly plot deeds and plans using quadrant meets and bounds.
- Create Elevation Profile and Line-of-Sight graphs that include elevation gain and loss calculations. Type-in tower height offsets to instantly determine if the view (or signal) will be obstructed.
- Manage your data layers with Projects. Create custom sets of markers, routes, tracks, etc. to reflect different needs – and share them with others.
- Automatic backup and restore of important data layers.
PRINT, PRESENT AND PUBLISH MAPS
- Built in Desktop Publishing with page blocks. Create custom map pages with text, logos, inset maps, legends, etc.
- Multi-Page printing – print one large map over 2 or more pages.
- Automatically generate map keys/legends based on symbology used in the area.
- Export your pages as PDF, JPG, TIFF files – or print them directly though one convenient interface.
- Annotate your map pages with an optional Lat/Lon grid, UTM grid, magnetic grid, geographic ruler, and/or compass alignment guide.
- Print maps and photos on standard or large-format printers, with or without USGS borders and legends.
- Use Templates to save your most commonly needed page settings – or choose one that is already ready to go!
- Print quality is excellent, comparable to original USGS paper topographic maps.
- Add 2-D and 3-D maps to PowerPoint presentation and Word documents.
- Create a "3D fly-around" or "fly-through" (following a preset route) as a short video clip. Email the video clip for use in Windows Media Player, or copy and paste into PowerPoint to spice up your presentation.
- Email maps to clients, colleagues and friends.
- Create interactive web pages that display a map segment with a dynamic lat/long cursor. They work in standard web browsers and don’t require Terrain Navigator Pro to view them.
- Transfer Marks, Routes, and Tracks from your PC into popular GPS receivers to find their location out in the field.
- Transfer Waypoints, Routes, and Tracks from your GPS back to Terrain Navigator to analyze where you've been on a detailed map.
- Custom Map Compatible – display TNP's USGS topographic maps and aerial photos directly on custom map compatible Garmin GPS models. Send maps with a single click of the mouse, or use the Manage GPS Maps window to keep your GPS stocked with official USGS cartography.
- Geocache Ready with LOC and GPX data support.
- Connect a GPS receiver to a laptop and turn it into a moving map display.
- Extensive set of tools for drawing, analyzing, managing and printing GPS waypoints, routes, tracks and marks.
- Integrate live positioning information with range rings and range/bearing lines.
- Use GPS Position Averaging to obtain a precise GPS coordinate
- Easy connections with most popular GPSs through the automatic Setup Wizard
- Track time-stamping correlated with image time/date.
- Learn More about using GPS with Terrain Navigator Pro
GIS AND CAD READY
- GIS Overlays – display Shapefiles, DXF files, and KML/KMZ markup files directly on TNP's maps and photos. Provides access to thousands of data sets, including property boundaries, land use, and much more. Tools are included to customize display and access embedded text databases.
- Shapefile Export. Create information in TNP and use it in GIS and CAD applications that use ESRI Shapefiles, ArcView GEN, GPX or KML data.
- Export maps and photos to any graphic/image editor (including Photoshop.)
- Integrate the base topographic maps and aerial photos in ArcView, ArcGIS, Intergraph, AutoCAD, MapInfo, MicroStation, ERDAS, and other CAD /GIS applications.
- Export maps and photos in a wide variety of popular geo-referenced formats, including GeoTIFF, DRG, TFW, TAB, and JPG/JPW.
- Customize the projection of exported maps, including into UTM, State Plane, Lambert Conformal Conic, Transverse Mercator, Hotine Oblique Mercator, and Rectified latitude/longitude.
- Specify preferred map datum (NAD27, NAD83, WGS84) and export scale and dpi resolution.
- Export USGS maps with or without borders and legends. Automatically mask maps to include adjacent areas – guaranteeing seamless coverage across multiple quadrangles regardless of reprojection skew.
- Automatically include NGS benchmarks and data sheets with project area.
- Export elevation data sets as DEM and/or BIL files.
DOCUMENTATION AND SUPPORT
- One year of software maintenance, upgrades, and phone support included with purchase. Additional coverage available as part of the annual subscription (which also includes aerial photo access and other online benefits.)
- Includes extensive integrated Help and printable PDF manual.
- Includes telephone technical support during subscription/maintenance period.
- Unlimited support and service via Email and Internet Discussion Forum.
- Built in remote support utility for secure transactions directly with MyTopo's technicians.